Department Laboratory Details
|1.||Soil & Water Conservation Engg. Lab
|2.||Watershed Hydrology & Management Lab
|4.||Open Rainfall Simulator Lab
Important Research Achievements
Developed a 10 m x 1.2 m rainfall simulation system along with a tilting flume and water circulation system to conduct hydrological studies under lab conditions.
Developed a portable rainfall simulator to conduct rainfall-runoff sediment studies under field conditions.
Developed hydrologic models for rainfall-runoff-sediment outflow from natural watersheds of Ramganga River catchment.
Assessment and monitoring of drought and wet conditions at various places in Uttarakhand State.
Developed simplified design procedures of soil conservation measures and structures which are effective and user friendly under field conditions.
- Design, development and assessment of various soil and water conservation interventions under varying climatic, cropping systems and topographic conditions
- Rainfall-runoff-sediment outflow study under varying hydrologic and land treatment conditions
- Design and development of effective, user friendly and simplified soil and water conservation structures.
- Hydrological Modelling for watershed management for effective conservation planning
- Vadose zone and aquifer system
- Application of Artificial intelligence in soil & water conservation
- GIS, remote sensing & image processing for natural resource management
- Climate modelling in relation to soil and water conservation strategies