Agricultural Engineering is one of the constituent departments of college of Technology with Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar. After the establishment of university in the year 1960 on Land Grant Pattern of USA, the college of Agricultural Engineering came into existence in the year 1962. Later on in the year 1966, College of Technology was established which led to the merger of College of Agricultural Engineering into it. The Agricultural Engineering became one of the constituent departments of college of Technology. Further in the year 1984, the department of Agricultural Engineering was reconstituted into four departments namely Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Irrigation & Drainage Engineering, Soil & Water Conservation Engineering and Post Harvest Process & Food Engineering. All the four departments are jointly responsible for teaching and awarding the degree of Agricultural Engineering at under graduate (B. Tech.) level, where as Post Graduate degrees (M. Tech and Ph. D.) are awarded separately by all the four respective departments.
Vision: The vision of the department is to become a nationally recognized leader in the field of Agricultural Engineering Education, Research, and Technology Transfer.Mission: Mission of the department is as under:
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) The PEOs of the department of Agricultural Engineering are given as under:
- To provide students with a comprehensive knowledge in mathematical, scientific and agricultural engineering fundamentals to solve the engineering and farmers related problems and also to pursue higher studies.
- To provide students experience for planning as well as conducting experiments/ projects in modern engineering laboratories including farmers’ friendly technologies and computer based simulation experiments, integrating the significance of experimental data and properly reporting the results.
- To develop ability of the students to analyze data and technical concepts for application to product design and/or solving real field problems.
- To make the students familiar with latest and contemporary professional knowledge in the field of agricultural engineering including managerial skills and ethics required for emerging technologies, global economy and also to foster other skills required for grooming them into good professionals.
- To prepare the students for their successful career in industry/scientific institutions/ technology transfer organizations and also to meet the challenges at national and international levels.
The various departments under Agricultural Engineeering